Monday, July 29, 2013

3 Unconventional Ways to Arrange Flowers - Rethinking the Bouquet

I love flowers.  I love having them all around me in my garden and I love having them in the house.  While preparing for a dinner party yesterday, I picked up some Mums.  Lovely yellow Mums.  I didn't want to do the standard vase display.  I wanted something different.  So I did something different.  Here are a few different ways to showcase your beautiful flowers.

1.  Don't Be Afraid of Using Unconventional Vessels!

Doing the same-old, same-old gets boring for me.  Just because a tea cup is made for tea, doesn't mean you can't use it for something else.  Take a look around your house.  What is interesting and fun? What other purposes might it have?  


Antique Tea Cups, Antique & New Creamers, etc.




2.  How Low Can You Go?

In this case, I wanted colour and flowers on the table that were not going to obstruct the view of anyone eating.  So, for inspiration, I went to my cupboard.  What vessel did I have that was interesting and low enough to use?
Olive dish and Mums - Before
Olive dish and Mums - After


In this case, I used a olive dish and cut the stems short enough that they would just rest in the vessel.  The proliferation of colour is powerful against the tablescape and makes it very easy to look across the table.


3.  Small Groups Can be Fun!


Colour, Texture and Different Vessels Make this Stand Out.


What have you used to display your flowers?  I would love to hear.  

1 comment:

  1. Not only are the arrangements beautiful the concept is ingenious! I think it would be great if you had an open house at the Evergreen Cottage. :)

    ReplyDelete